Resume Plug - Top 12 Tips
Updated: Feb 18, 2021
Below are the obvious, but apparently not so obvious resume tips.
No need to fret B. Burgess Consulting is here to help...
1) Remove 'References available upon request.' Human Resources knows how to do their job and will do so accordingly.
2) Read the job description. Simple right? Apparently not simple enough, reread it!
3) Tailor your resume to the job description. Use keywords from the job description in your resume.
4) Highlight fast track promotions, awards & recognitions.
5) Tailor your 'Skills/Competencies' section to that specific job requisition.
6) Yes, its okay to have more than one resume. In fact, you SHOULD have multiple.
7) Its 2020...in case everyone doesn't know by now, 'Objective' statements are null and void. Input a personal 'Summary of Qualifications'...give the reader targeted insight about you and your experiences.
8) Let's be positive. No need to bring attention to what you did not accomplish or achieve in YOUR resume.
9) Clean up your online presence. It is a thing!
10) Less than 10-15 years of work experience, there is NO need to have a five page resume.
11) Grammer, grammer and GRAMMER.
12) Qualitative bullets. (i.e. increased business growth by 25% in FY2019 (fiscal year), decreased cost impacts by 15% from external vendors)